· If your nose itches, you will soon be kissed by a fool, you will get in a fight, you will get money soon, or someone
is thinking of you
· If you bite your tongue, someone is talking badly about you. To stop them, bite your sleeve.
· If the palm of your right hand itches it means you will soon be getting money.
· If the palm of your left hand itches it means you will soon be paying out money.
· You have to hold your breath while going past a cemetery or you will breathe in the spirit of someone who has
· If a clock that has not been working suddenly chimes, there will be a death in the family.
· Paraskevidekatriaphobics - people who are afraid of Friday the 13 (see Phobia List) It is believed that Friday the
13th is unlucky because Adam and Eve were banished from the Garden of Eden on Friday, Noah’s flood started
on a Friday, and Christ was crucified on Friday. Also, twelve witches and a devil are present at a Satanic ceremonies so Friday
and the number 13, are to be a unlucky combination
· A horseshoe, hung above the doorway, will bring good luck to a home
· A horseshoe hung in the bedroom will keep nightmares away
· Breaking a mirror is 7 years bad luck
· It is unlucky to see your face in a mirror by candlelight.
· A mirror should be covered during a thunderstorm because it attracts lightning.
· If a mirror in the house falls and breaks by itself, someone in the house will die soon.
· Greeks believe that Money attracts money. so never leave your pockets, purses or wallets completely empty and never
completely empty your bank account. Always leave at least a coin or two.
· It was also considered good luck to give a gift of a wallet or a purse with a coin or two in it.
· How you start the year is how you will end it, so you must ensure that you are wearing new clothes & looking your
best, have paid off all your debts & are with your partner (to ensure that you are still with them at the next New year).
· A rabbit's foot will bring luck and protect the owner from evil spirits if carried in the pocket.
· Bad luck will follow the spilling of salt unless a pinch is thrown over the left shoulder into the face of the devil
· Put salt on the doorstep of a new house and no evil can enter.
· It’s bad luck when, a bat flies
into the house, an owl hoots 3 times, 3 butterflies are together, if you hear a rooster crow at night, Getting out of bed
left foot first, and a picture falls
· Reverse your luck by turning three times counter clockwise.
· Knock three times on wood after mentioning good fortune so evil spirits won't ruin it.
· You must get out of bed on the same side that you get in or you will have bad luck.