If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 38 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that
the food will swim by, you might live in Wisconsin.
If you're proud that your region makes he national news 96 nights
each year because Park Falls is the coldest spot in the nation, you might live in Wisconsin.
If you have ever refused
to buy something because it's "too spendy", you might live in Wisconsin.
If your local Dairy Queen is closed from November
through March, you might live in Wisconsin.
If you instinctively walk like a penguin for five months out of the year,
you might live in Wisconsin.
If someone in a store offers you assistance... and they don't work there, you might live
If your dad's suntan stops at a line curving around the middle of his forehead, you might live in Wisconsin.
you may not have actually eaten it, but you have heard of Head Cheese, you might live in Wisconsin.
If you have worn
shorts and a parka at the same time, you might live in Wisconsin.
If you have either a pet, a child or know someone named
"Brett", you might in Wisconsin.
If your town has an equal number of bars and churches, you might live in Wisconsin.
you have had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you might live in Wisconsin.
you know where Oconomowoc, Waukesha, Menomonie & Manitowoc, AND can say them, you might live in Wisconsin.
you think that ketchup is a little too spicy, you might live in Wisconsin.
If every time you see moonlight on a lake,
you think of a dancing bear, and you sing gently, "From the land of sky-blue waters,"....you might live in Wisconsin.
you have gotten frostbitten and sunburned all in the same week. You might live in Wisconsin.
you owe more money on your snowmobile than on your car. you might live in Wisconsin.
snow tires come standard on all your cars.
if you know what cowtipping is. you might live in Wisconsin
If traveling coast to coast means going from La Crosse to Milwaukee. you might live in Wisconsin.
You know you're a true 'Wisconsinite' when:
- Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the highway.
- "Vacation" means going up north past Hwy 8 for the weekend.
- You measure distance in hours.
- You know several people who have hit deer more than once.
- You often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and back again.
- Your whole family wears Gren and Yellow, a Packer jersey, or anything that supports the Packers, to church on Sunday.
- You can drive 55 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching.
- You see people wearing camouflage at social events (including weddings and funerals ).
- You install security lights on your house and garage... but leave both unlocked.
- You think of the major food groups as beer, fish, venison, and more beer.
- You carry jumper cables in your car and your wife or girlfriend knows how to use them.
- There are 7 empty cars running in the parking lot at Mill's Fleet Farm at any given time.
- You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
- Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
- You refer to the Packers as "we."
- You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction.
- You can identify a southern or eastern accent.
- You have no problem pronouncing Lac Du Flambeau.
- You consider Minneapolis exotic.
- You know how to polka. (I do!)
- Your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a deer next to your blue spruce.
- You were unaware that there is a legal drinking age.
- Down South to you means Illinois.
- A brat is something you eat.
- Your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his new pole shed.
- You go out to fish fry every Friday.
- Your 4th of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost.
- You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.
- You find minus twenty degrees "a little chilly."
- You or someone you know drives their snowmobile to school or to work.
- When the tempature gets up to the 40s you have the sudden erge to wear flip-flops
- The town you live in is the size of a pin head.... or smaller
- You where shorts when it's 60 degrees
- When you get your drivers licence, you know exactly what to do since you have lived on a farm your whole life and have
driven a tracker since you were 7
- Your cousin or other family member lives next door to you
- You or someone you know has one of those talking fish and you have hours of entertainment talking back to it
- When someone asks for dircetions, you often use the works cow, hay bail, yeild sign, and barn
- You know that Eau Claire is not something you eat. (I live close to Eau Claire!)
- you have no problem spelling Milwaukee.
- you consider Madison exotic.
- you can recognize someone from Illinois from their driving.
- you think the start of deer season is a national holiday.
- at least twice a year, your kitchen doubles as a meat processing plant.
- you can visit Luxemburg, Holland, Belgium, Denmark, Berlin, New London & Poland all in one afternoon.
- you've seen mosquitoes with landing lights.
- the local paper covers major headlines on 1 page, but requires 4 pages for sports.
- you don't drink soda , but 'pop' instead
- formal wear is blue jeans & a baseball cap.
- your definition of a small town is one that only has one bar...
- at least 50% of your relatives work on a dairy farm...
- you can identify a Michigan accent...
- you learned to drive a tractor before the training wheels were off your bike...
- the "Big Three" means Miller, Old Milwaukee & PBR
- you used to think Deer Season was included as an official school holiday...
- a Friday night out is taking your girlfriend shining for deer...
- you go to work in a snowsuit in the morning and return home wearing shorts...
- when you tell someone where you are from and they say: 'I thought that was part of Canada...
- you think that Lutheran and Catholics ARE the major religions.....
- every sweatshirt you own is either red and white or green and gold.
- FFA was the most popular club in high school. (That's Future Farmers of America to the rest of you.)
- cheese is an important staple in your diet.
- there was at least one kid in your class who had to help milk cows in the morning...phew!
- you have to drive thirty minutes to the nearest movie theater. (you really do!)
- you loved it when the Brewers hit a home run so the lady would slide from the huge keg into the mug of beer.
- Sunday morning at church involves lots of coffee, JellO molds and danish.
- Kwik Tirip or A&W was the place to meet after the party. (or Perkins )
- you know someone who can use "ja, der hey" in a sentence.
- your school lost half their student body during deer season.
- at every wedding you have been to you have had to dance the hokey pokey and the chicken dance.
- you know how to pronounce "brat".
- you ever went to a wedding reception in a bowling alley.
- you know it's traditional for the bride and groom to go bar hopping between the ceremony and the reception.
- Sunday afternoons are sacred for the Packer game!
- you get irritated at sports announcers that pronounce it "Wesconsin".
- you thought everyone drank from "bubblers".
- you went to the local tavern on Friday night for Fish Fry.
- you own at least one cheese head.
- you have drank "white soda" (ie 7Up, Sprite, etc).
- you have experienced snow storms in April.
- you have had school closed due to wind chills and frostbite warnings.
- you know what a "flatlander" is and you know all the "why Wisconsin is better than Illinois" jokes.
- you get choked up when you hear the University Marching Band play "On Wisconsin".
- you believe that Badgers will always beat Gophers.
- The Packers will always be better than the Vikings, no matter what the standings are.
- you go to a National convention and the southerners all say, "Oh we just love how ya'll say 'Westcansin' "
- you have ever partied at Summerfest, Festa Italiana,German Fest, Irish Fest or all of the above.
- you or someone you know was a "Dairy Princess" at a county fair.
- you have gone out of your way to eat ice cream at Gilles' or Kopp's.
- Goodyear Tire on any Saturday is busier than toy stores at Christmas
- you head south to go to your cottage.
- the trunk of you car doubles as a deep freezer.
- you tried to tap the Worlds Largest Six Pack. (haha lmao!)
- you have caught a fish in Lake Michigan and it glowed in the dark.
- you know which leaves make good toilet paper (camping will do that to ya!)
- your hometown buys a Zamboni when they need a bus
- you define Summer as three months of bad sledding...
- you got a passport to go to Minnesota..
- Your idea of diversity is having black, white, and brown cows.
- You have been involved in a "drive-by hay bailing."
- You actually laughing so hard you are rolling on the floor because you understand these jokes.